The members of the Instituto Universitario de Urbanistica can form and join research groups in accordance with the regulations of the University of Valladolid. Currently, there are two Recognised Research Groups (GIR) of the University of Valladolid with a large presence of members of the Institute:
Planificación Territorial y Urbanística
(Urban and Territorial Planning)
Its purpose is to develop research in the field of urban and regional planning, its main objectives are:
- Establish and experimenting new methodologies in the field of urban and regional planning.
- Increase knowledge on European planning and urban processes in Europe.
- Define analysis methodologies territorial transformation processes developed at European level.
- Spreading, in the field of third cycle, knowledge about urban and territorial planning.
- Innovative techniques and tools applied to territorial and urban planning.
- Historic town centres and consolidated city: quality of urbanization and sustainable urban models.
- Housing and quality of life in cities.
- Landscape and regional planning.
- Rodrigo Almonacid Canseco
- María A. Castrillo Romón
- Miguel Fernández Maroto
- Josefina González Cubero
- Marina Jiménez Jiménez
- José Luis Lalana Soto
- Víctor Pérez Eguíluz
- Javier Pérez Gil
- Luis Santos Ganges
- Alfonso Álvarez Mora
- Miguel Pastor Coello
- Enrique Rodrigo González
CITERIOR – Ciudad y Ordenación del Territorio
(City and Regional Planning)
- Promote and coordinate research of a consolidated team of teachers simultaneously members of the Department of Geography and Urban Planning Institute of the University of Valladolid, primarily oriented process analysis and dynamic urban and territorial; the study, proposal and evaluation of urban policies and models of municipal management and local governance.
- Become permanent observatory of urban policies in Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American cities, by constantly adopting of a comparative analysis which is based on network cooperation with foreign researchers approach.
- Analysis and diagnosis of territorial and urban dynamics, instruments of strategic planning, urban planning, regional planning and local development; policy instruments and urban management in the development and cohesion of the local-municipal life and urban competitiveness, in specific areas such as bases: social integration (social facilities and other elements of dotacional system whole), urban sustainability policies and development of Local Agenda 21 industrial land; transport infrastructure high-capacity spaces logistics activity and intra-urban mobility; recovery policies of historic centers, public space recovery and rehabilitation of the built heritage; tourism policies and planning of tourist areas; programs covered in intercity cooperation.
- Urban Heritage.
- Tourism policies and planning of tourist areas.
- Urban policies; town planning; management of economic activities.
- Regional Planning; Infrastructures and transport.
RESEARCH GROUP MEMBERS
- José Luis García Cuesta
- Basilio Calderón Calderón
- Guillermo Calonge Cano
- Jesús García Araque
- Maria Esther Gil Álvarez
- Fernando Manero Miguel
- Luz María Martín Delgado
- Ignacio Molina de la Torre
- Henar Pascual Ruiz-Valdepeñas
- José Prada Trigo
- Gonzalo Andrés López
- Eduardo Bustillo Holgado
- Eva Consuelo Cano Plaza
- Hugo Cortizo Piñán
- Laura Miguel Calleja