Regarding graphic design, styles and format of the Word document, papers must exactly follow the templates that are available at the end of this webpage and in the website of Revistas UVa, including margins, fonts and types, etc.
Papers, which are published in Monograph Dossier or Miscellanea, will have a maximum of 40,000 characters including spaces, notes, figures/tables (to be included in their position within the text) and bibliography. They will also include an abstract, which will not exceed 100 words, and a maximun of 5 key words, both in English and in Spanish (and in the language of the paper, if it is different). They must follow the Template for Papers.
Reviews, which are published in the Final Section, should not be longer tan 11,000 characters including spaces, if they report to a single book. If the review analyzes up to three publications together which are focused on studying the same topic, the length of the review can be can be twice as long. They must follow the Template for Reviews.
Regarding the referencing system, authors should use “Author-Date” system. References should be presented in a final bibliography in alphabetical order by last name, according to the following format:
- Books and Monographs: Last name, First name (Year), Title, City of publication, Publisher.
- Multiple authors or parts of monographs: Last names, First name (Year), “Chapter title”, in Last name, First name –ed.(s.), coord.(s.), dir.(s.)– Title, City of publication, Publisher, pp. first-last.
- Journal papers: Last name, First name (Year), “Paper title”, in Journal Title, volume, number, pp. first-last.
- Conference proceedings: Last name, First name (Year), “Title of the contribution”, in Conference Title, City, date, pp. first-last.
- Doctoral thesis: Last name, First name (Year of defense), Thesis Title. Doctoral Thesis, Department and University.
- Citations from the Internet: Last name, First name (Year), “Title of the document”, retrieved from http://… [date of reference: dd-mm-yyyy]